Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day Two

There's no way I'm going to be able to post every day.  The image of the stay at home mom who has plenty of free time is crazy.  Or I'm doing it wrong.  Either way, spare time can be hard to come by.  But the kids lost their TV privileges earlier today, so it's a little quieter than usual. I say that as a pink Supergirl hat is being put on my head repeatedly. 

Anyway, I did pretty well yesterday. I made a smoothie for lunch with more vegetables than I usually eat in a week.  I hate vegetables, especially cooked ones.  I blame this on being Southern.  When Southern people cook veggies, we put a piece of pig in it and cook the crap out of it.  You'd think this makes them taste like bacon or something.  Not so.  Mostly it just makes the house smell awful and the once bright green food completely unrecognizable.  I might like slightly sauteed spinach in garlic or something, but when I think of any kind of green, I imagine withered mush.  I'm better with salads and raw veggies, but it's still not my favorite. But if I can put them in a smoothie with fruit, it just tastes like fruit. And fruit is delicious.

I also did 3 miles on the elliptical during naptime.  The 4 year old woke up in the middle of it, but he cheered me on while I kept going.  Motivation is your child telling you that you're doing a good job when you feel like you're about to collapse.  It helps to have a cheerleader.

Today I've done laundry and dishes and vacuumed the downstairs of my house.  That counts as exercise, right? I'll try to do more if I can, but the 2 year old was up in the middle of the night, so if I can nap today I'm going to.  Tired and grouchy is as unattractive as chubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment