Friday, January 9, 2015

Saved by Jax Teller

Have I mentioned how much I hate exercising? Cause it's a lot. I was training for a half marathon when I got pregnant with the first child.  Of course the first time in my adult life that I was attempting to get healthier, I got something else.  It's fine because I got that sweet little munchkin out of the deal, and I'd rather go through labor than run that far ever again.  The good news for me is that I do pregnant really well.  I don't gain much weight, and I actually lost a few pounds with the last one.  Ladies, don't be jealous.  My body catches up after the baby arrives.

So exercising is a challenge.  Zumba wasn't so bad.  I do love to dance, though I don't do it very well.  But it also nearly killed me.  So most calories will be burned on the elliptical.  I have discovered the only way to keep me on that cursed machine is to distract myself.  The first part of the season 4 finale of Sons of Anarchy did the trick yesterday.  I would have done three more miles if I could have watched the second part.  But the two year old is trying to give up naptime so my time was limited.  I'll have to find another series when I finish this one.  At least I've found a way to keep my butt moving.  Thanks Charlie Hunnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment