Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Real Talk

So this is hard.  When I decided to share this whole weight loss attempt, it didn't occur to me that I would have to write about not doing well.  But being fully transparent could help hold me accountable, so here it goes.

I had a long, stressful week.  The husband was out of town.  My daughter busted her head open and had to go to the emergency room.  I was out of town for a couple of days.  I went to a funeral.  I'm getting clothes ready for a consignment sale.  There was a lot going on.  These sound like excellent excuses to not work out, right?  Only if you're looking for excuses, which I clearly was.

Another thing.  I picked my "before" picture because it didn't look so bad.  That's kind of cheating I think.  So Saturday morning I took a more accurate picture.  And here it is

Having not put in the effort I needed to, I'm kind of starting from scratch.  But all I can do is try again.  So wish me luck. I'll still weigh in tomorrow with the hopes that all those smoothies with gross stuff like kale made some difference.  I'm not calling it a failure; just a little setback .

2 comments:

  1. Life gets in the way of life sometimes. I get it. Keep on!! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about Esther's mantra- progress not perfection. It hasn't been a perfect week for me either. Sick kid, sick husband, no gym, so tired taking care of others I don't feel like at home workouts. Thanks for being real and good luck on the weight loss journey. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete