Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Weigh In Wednesday

Ya'll want to hear some discouraging mess?  I've apparently lost 0.2 pounds.  Not discouraging enough to quit, but not ideal either.  I definitely feel better, so that's good news.  I mean, better is maybe not the right word.  Cause that 10 minute tabata situation from yesterday is still burning in my legs.  That's good I think.  I'm going to try it again today, but it is not going to be fun.

So sticking with it is the theme today.  I think this is why we quit.  I can't see a difference, and neither can my scale.  That's super frustrating.  I bought a workout shirt that says, "This wasn't built overnight."  Maybe if I'm wearing it, I'll believe it.  I bought a size large, which kind of cracked me up.  Cause what I have now wasn't built overnight either. The trouble is that fat kind of sneaks up on you.  Nobody wakes up skinny one day.  I guess if it were that easy, everybody would be the size they want.  I'm going to take a hint from my idol, Miss Mindy Kaling:

 

This also means I have my son's Daniel Tiger song stuck in my head. "Keep trying, you'll get better."  This is much more annoying than you might think.  But it's true.  I can't teach my children to practice tying their own shoes or reading and not give up when it gets hard if I don't take my own advice.  So here it goes, kids.  Mama's got some exercising to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment